Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Lets talk about vicky, christina, Valkerie and Benjamin Button

Last Sunday, since we are not going anywhere, my husband and I fill our day with our normal ritual, watching movies (were you guys thinking something elsezzzzzzzzz).

1. Vicky Christina Barcelona
I’ve wanted to watch this movie for so long because I’ve read from somewhere or watched the trailer (don’t remember, It’s been so long) and the movie seems so interesting, especially with those great actors like scarlet Johansson and Penelope Cruz acting in it. If I’m not mistaken Penelope Cruz won best supporting actress in this movie and that makes me want to watch it more to see how great was she but the DVD is pretty hard to find. Until last week my husband finally bought it and we watch it last Saturday night.

What I can say about this movie is, it’s kinda twisted and a little sick, hehehe. Because the story is about 2 girls name Vicky and Christina who went to Barcelona for a holiday and they meet this guy, who is a painter, an artist. So in Barcelona, everything seems so romantic, and the artist guy was so charming, until both girl fallen for him but this guy have a history with his ex-wife who is also an artist and they actually still love each other but they cant seems to be together because despite their love, they felt like there something missing in their love life and until they can find that missing ingredient, they cant be together or they will just want to kill one another. Yes, they are crazy, a very crazy artist with a very complicated mind. And guest what is the missing ingredient? Sick, crazy, wild, twisted, unnatural, sick. And once you finish this movie you’ll feel like having sex, muahahahaha.



2.Valkerie
I watched about 5 minute then I fell asleep.



3.The curious case of Benjamin Button.
I’m sure most of people have watched this movie because it’s out there for quite some time. But I just manage to watch it last Sunday and I have to give 5 stars to this movie. Although this one is also a pretty sick movie (how can someone give birth to an old wrinkly baby) but how he was raise, learn things, experience life, fell in love, his whole life is just beyond normal, it’s extraordinary. But it’s kinda sad because he can’t live his life like normal people and can’t grow old with the people that he loves. I cried at the end of the movie, when he died as a little baby, it’s just so sad. I LOVE THIS MOVIE. LOVE IT.

By the way, Cate Blanchett look so pretty when she was young, they did a really good job with the make up.

No comments: